- The Internet is quickly becoming the Internet of Things.
- The Web of Things vision promotes reuse of the Web's well-known standards and blueprints to integrate these devices seamlessly into existing computing infrastructure.
- The REST architectural style models applications as a collection of resources identified by URIs that can be accessed and manipulated using HTTP.
- Constrained platforms like the Sun SPOTs present interesting challenges (e.g. low networking bandwidth, duty-cycling) that may require the introduction of a gateway.
- RESTful applications easily blend into the Web and eliminate the need for any special interface.